Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blue Letterpress Butterflies Birthday Card

March is a busy birthday month for my family as both my brother and I's birthdays are coming up! I hope this year is better than the last (totally not complaining about last year either)! How does time pass by so quickly?!?

I'm working on simple things at the moment. I can't tell you why I'm in a slumber, but that's the status of my craft life right now. :T Slowly, but surely I will get there. :)

These butterflies were stamped in various mixtures of blues, purples, and off-white ink, then wet embossed with a pearlescent gloss. Sentiment was letterpressed. It's simple, but elegant. The mesh ribbon is actually a bit shimmery too, but it's hard to capture such details on camera.









Daylight savings this weekend--enjoy it... -1 hour!




Entered in:
-365 Cards Day 66: White Space
-Crafty Ribbons Challenge 40: Anything Goes w/ Ribbon
-Happy Campers CC 12: Flutterby Butterfly

10 comments:

  1. Wow ! Its very Elegant and I loved the shining butterflies ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment!
    Would you like to follow each other? Please let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant, love the simplicity in it, love the butterfly !!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you captured your card very well on camera. It is a beautiful, elegant card and I love the dreamy, ethereal feel to it. Thank you for joining us at Happy Campers and good luck in the challenge. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card my dear^_^ I love the cute image and beautiful colours ^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Eileen.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for the white space challenge!
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for following me! Now I'm following you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful laconic works and color is remarkably neat. as usual with pleasure examined :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)