Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Handmade Blue Onesie Card

Hello everyone! My family is all okay from Hurricane Sandy! Thanks for all of your concern and well wishes! I really, really appreciate your thoughts! Unfortunately we are in the middle of yet another, less severe, rain/snow storm at the moment, but still packs a punch. Hopefully those who are still without power are with family like my dad. He will be staying with us for an indefinite amount of time. He lives in a Zone B flooding zone, but were not asked to evacuate unlike those in Zone A. The basement was completely flooded (they found swimming fish!) and it will take weeks to pump out water and replace equipment. The street in front of the building became a river and there were many scary explosions outside from cars and water boilers reacting with the water. They issued a mandatory evacuation over the past weekend as temperatures were at dangerous levels with no heat, hot water, or electricity. The gas situation for cars are still a nightmare and trains/buses are very slowly being restored, so there are massive delays. Many areas are devastated as you may have heard, but the city will slowly get there...surprisingly Halloween was unaffected in my neighborhood last Wednesday. Despite the downed trees and damaged homes/cars, everyone was in a hurry to get out of the house after being locked in for half the week.


Anyway, as a result of the hurricane I wasn't able to send out a baby shower present to a friend in Virginia in time...yes...my fault for leaving it to the last minute. :X This was the card that accompanied the shipment.













Card opens from bottom to top. Dry embossed buttons run down the middle section. A lighter shade of blue lines the rims of sleeves and collar. The ducky and stars are stickers. I wanted something cute without stamping. I was afraid the texture of the cardstock would hinder a perfectly stamped image.





Hope you're all doing well!!!
Entered in:
-Make it Monday #114 Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness, your family are ok.
    This onesie is super cute! Love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as nicely and such wonderful duckling. :)
    Thank good your family are ok
    is there fish in basement? horror.
    Health to you and Your family!!! save self

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you and your family are ok.

    The onesie is super cute, love the buttons and cute little duckling. I'm doing such card too, but I'm always having problems making them for boys. You gave me really good inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    I saw you at MIM. My projects are 130 and 177.

    I was making Christmas cards today, so I hope you are already thinking about writing a letter to Santa too :-))

    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that you and your family are ok!
    Your card is gorgeous as always! I love the embossed buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)