Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Quilled Purple Orchids Unique Stringed Mom Card


Well summer is in full swing and of course I caught one of those horrid summer colds...yay! Thank you mom! :D Yes, she passed it onto me when she was visiting from Maine a few WEEKS ago. I still can't shake this cough!

How has your summer been so far? It's hot, humid, and extremely wet over here. In fact, we have thunderstorms more often than not lately. It's really not so great for those of us who just want to get outside and enjoy the day!

In honor of an awesome mother who has left me this great gift of sickness before she left, I present to you this card:

:P It's a card that took a lot of time making, not only because of all of the quilled pieces but also because of what it took to spell the word "mom." I took a thicker thread and free handed the letters, so essentially, they are "stringed." Each piece had to be carefully glued down...then you wait for it to dry...glue some more...wait some more, etc., etc... Needless to say, a lot of love went into it.

As for the quilling part, I made orchids and a bunch of smaller leaves glued together to make larger leaves. All of the quilling together did not come close to equaling the time it took to glue down the string! My head was really spinning after all of the concentration it took to complete this card. I'll probably be needing a long, long break before tackling anything like this again when I have time.

All the best to you lovely readers this week!





Entered In:
-Artistic Inspirations #100 Anything Goes
-Craft-Dee BowZ July 2014
-House of Cards July Add a Bow

22 comments:

  1. Love the way you wrote Mom Eileen and love the colors. I landed on your wedding preparation blog ...Congratulations and wish you all the best
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilling card with lovely color choices! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ July challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I adore the soft colors and all that amazing quilling! Just beautiful! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I hope you link this up with us at House of Cards, too! We're looking for anything with a bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love quilling and wish I had the patience to do it. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Llllooooooovvvvveeeee the colour combination, Eileen. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen
    Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at HOC.
    Angx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card just screams "I was made with lots of love and care" - what a loved person to receive a beauty such as this!! Amazingly done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a lot of love! The 'stringed' mom is great and so are the quilled elements! I don't have the patience to quill, but I sure do appreciate seeing it! Thanks for sharing your card with us for the House of Cards "Add a Bow" challenge!

    Inky hugs,
    Angi
    HOC DT
    Making Mayhem | Because Life is Messy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilling is wonderful! Worth every minute you spent on making this beauty! Thanks so much for playing with us at HOC. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilling. Thank you for participating in the 'Add a Bow' challenge at House of Cards.

    Ma :)
    House of Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Love the quilling! I've wanted to try doing that myself for some time! Thanks for sharing at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a lot of love in this card. So beautiful and detailed. Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhhh aren't summer cold the worst? Take care! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House of Cards. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely quilling! Thank you for sharing your fab card with us at HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice card! The quilling looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards. I hope we can see more of your beautiful creations soon!

    Gracie
    HOC DT
    gracielliedesign blogspot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! :)

    cohenna
    House of Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really lovely. Love the quilled flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.
    Ang HOC DT Shabby/Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my this is stunning. Love love the use of the string. I have to apologise for my neglect of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)