Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Best


My boyfriend is THE BEST! He surprised me with potted azaleas last night. :) I am being very honest when I say surprised because I truly wasn't expecting anything. Normally, we aren't very big on celebrating in any fashion. I told him one time that I wasn't too into fresh cut flowers because they're only pretty for a little while, so why kill them for such a small return on pleasure and he's been getting me planted flowers ever since! I can't wait until they bloom!

Continuing with the "The Best" theme...this upbeat card can work for a few occasions. I can think of it being used as a "Thank you" or a "Happy Birthday" card. This particular card was given to one of my best friends for her birthday. You can continue the saying on the inside of the card, "...friend," "...birthday," etc.--whatever you like!

This card isn't very heavy on technique, but is very heavy on layering patterned paper. The little bear resting on the circle was first stamped, then colored in with colored pencils, and then wet embossed over the entire image with clear embossing powder to give it a glossy look. Two small prima flowers embellish the bottom right of the circle and glitter glue was applied to small areas on the flourish and the bear/bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)